Understanding The IVF Cost in South AfricaJamie McNeil | September 14, 2021 | 0 | IVF treatment
Looking for IVF cost in South Africa ? The cost of IVF varies from one region to another across the globe. It’s important to know the costs that you’ll incur for the various IVF cycles. Below, we will give you an estimate of the IVF cost in South Africa.
An Estimate of IVF Cost in South Africa
During any one cycle, the IVF cost will include the following;
- The initial consultation can range from 6 to 10 percent of the basic IVF treatment cost.
- The basic IVF treatment also varies from region to region. It often includes doctor fees for egg collection, embryo transfer, and embryologist’s fees for intro fertilization, ultrasound scans, and anesthetics as well as theater charges.
- Embryo freezing can sometimes be included in the basic IVF cost. You may be charged up to 25 percent of the basic IVF treatment cost. In addition to that, you may be required to pay approximately 10 percent of the basic IVF cost in a year for storage. There also may be 20 to 100 percent of the basic IVF treatment cost for transfer and thawing later.
- The intracytoplasmic sperm injection can be 28 to 40 percent of the basic IVF treatment cost. Creating embryos by direct injection of sperm into the egg, a medical procedure utilized infertility treatment for male.
- Immunological therapies can be up to 50 percent of the basic cost of IVF treatment. Preimplantation genetic screening to choose the best embryos can range between 55 to 120 percent of the basic IVF treatment cost.
- Hormonal drugs can be 20 to 80 percent of the basic IVF treatment cost. The exact cost will depend on the drugs that are prescribed for stimulating the ovaries.
- The regularity fee can be 4 to 5 percent of the basic IVF treatment cost. This may be charged separately or rolled into the overall cost.
Ivf Cost in South Africa
Mainly, extra cost besides the basic IVF treatment cost that you may be required to pay is the hormonal drugs. Note that the number of hormonal drugs that are needed will depend on:
- Length of infertility
- Physical condition of your uterus and uterine lining
You must understand what constitutes the fertility tourism cost so that you don’t get confused. Remember the above is just an estimate of the IVF cost in South Africa and you should get in touch for more information. When you do that, you’ll know what’s included in their price and what’s not included so that you can plan your budget accordingly.