Understanding A Urologistadmin | May 22, 2018 | 0 | Health Care
An urologist is a well-known physician whose specialty is dealing with diseases that are caused by urinary tract and also the male reproductive system. Patients are usually referred to the urologists when their physicians suspect of their need to treatment on conditions that are related to urethra, bladder, kidneys, ureters and adrenal glands.For the men, the urologist is known to treat disorders that are related to penis, epididymis, prostate, testes and seminal vesicles. A patient is always referred to seeing urology services when they have a range of conditions like
Urinary tract infection
The UTI often arise when the bacterial migrate from your digestive tract directly to the urethra. The symptoms include having pain, urination, nausea, fevers, incontinence, vomiting and it mostly known to affect women.
This is the malfunction of a person urinary system, and it can lead to having involuntary loss of the bladder control. In women, this incontinence results in the weakening of their pelvic floor muscles during their pregnancy.
Male infertility may result from the damages caused at the male reproductive tract and also having of sperm disorders. The most common cause is the varicoceles which is enlarged veins found beneath the penis sac.
This is the damage to the kidneys and it leads to swelling of the ankles, hands and also has high blood pressure among other symptoms.
An individual may require undergoing kidney transplants once they have kidney failure. Urologic Oncology: the treatment of cancers usually relates to urological or the male reproductive systems like prostate cancer or bladder cancer
What to expect during a visit to the urologist
An urologist Hamilton usually has notes that come from the referring doctor, and they ask different questions about their patient’s medical history often carrying out of physical examination. The following tests are often orders to check out the underlying problem, and they include
- Imaging tests like MRI scans, CT scans or Ultrasound that helps the doctor to locate the problem
- The Cystoscope: it involves a long and thin probing using a camera to see the injury of the urinary tract and sometimes to take the tissue for testing.
- A urine test that helps to check out on bacteria and other signs of different diseases
- A biopsy: Helps in checking out for cancer and other disorders
- The Urodynamic testing helps in checking out how fast the urine leaves the patient body, the amount that remains in your bladder after urinating and the bladder pressure.
Urology Services offers the best check-up that an individual needs to lead a healthy and superb life.