Battling With A Neck Pain? Try Neck Physiotherapy!Samuel Butt | May 19, 2022 | 0 | physiotherapist
Neck physiotherapy comprises a range of physical therapy practices which includes diagnosis, examination, intervention and treatment recommendations for musculoskeletal disorders related to neck pain.
There isn’t a definite clinical definition of what neck pain is, however it is universally accepted that neck pain is that which is as a result of postural or mechanical basis , therefore neck physiotherapy is needed to Intervene, compensate and correct neck pain.
Causes of neck pain
- Poor posture while sitting, sleeping or standing
- Previous history of neck trauma
- Poor ergonomic set up
- Central nervous system hypersensitivity
- Thoracic spine stiffness
- Pinched nerves
- Wry neck(a painful twisted or tilted neck)
- Muscular strains and deconditioning
- Whiplash(a neck injury as a result of a forceful and rapid movement of the neck which usually sounds like a whip crack)
Anyone can suffer from neck pain however a recent study shows that people of ages 35-49 are most likely to experience neck pain.
Although most neck pains are recurrent, it can greatly be managed using physiotherapy. It’s the best thing to approach.
Signs that show you need physiotherapy for neck pain.
- Recurrent neck pain.
- Neck stiffness
- Swollen neck
- Referred pain to the neck.
- After a surgery on the neck.
Physiotherapists at Paddington physiotherapy use an in-depth understanding of the origin of the neck pain together with exercise or manual therapy to relieve pain to the neck.
How physiotherapy can relieve neck pain.
- A physiotherapy can help work on the tight muscles of the neck and as well as stiff joints, thereby reducing the tension and knots in the muscles.
- Physiotherapy can improve neck strength and flexibility.
- Physiotherapy can help pain.
- Physiotherapy can help relieve spasms.
Physiotherapy Techniques for neck pain
- Manipulation of the joints
- Relaxation therapy
- Soft tissue and trigger point massage
- Postural corrections
Exercises that can relieve neck pain.
- Shoulder and Head Rolls: Targets the trapezius muscles by the side of the neck, relaxes the neck and alleviates any neck discomfort ,strain or pain .
- Seated neck stretch: stretches and reduces tension to the spine and neck.
- Neck stretches: Helps to expand the range of motion around the neck, and relieves stiffness as well. Neck stretches should be done severally daily.
Research has proven that neck physiotherapy is more effective and efficient in relieving neck pain and at times gets faster results than medications. For more information visit our Website.